Working together to shape the future well-being of our watershed. Donate

Environmental Compliance Investigation Request

Before submitting an investigation request, please read and understand the following:

The LPRCA enforces legislation on lands regulated under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act and Ontario Regulation 41/24.  To view an online map of the approximate areas regulated by the LPRCA please visit our online mapping portal (HERE):


Our officers carry out the following duties:

  • Provide information & education to the public surrounding the regulations and development restrictions within the watershed,
  • Liaise with contractors,
  • Resolve violations through discussions, removal, restoration and/or the LPRCA permit process where possible,
  • Process legal proceedings when necessary to ensure compliance.


What is considered a contravention or violation of the Conservation Authorities Act and Ontario Regulation 41/24?


LPRCA staff work with municipalities and other agencies to detect activities that are in contravention of Ontario Regulation 41/24.  A contravention of Ontario Regulation 41/24 may occur when:

  • The development, interference or alteration activities have taken place contrary to an approved LPRCA permit,
  • Development or activities related to an alteration or interference are carried out within a regulated area without written permission from the LPRCA. Development activities includes:
    • the construction, reconstruction, erection or placing of a building or structure of any kind,
    • site grading, or
    • the temporary or permanent placing, dumping or removal of any material, originating on the site or elsewhere.

If you believe activities are being carried out in a regulated area without appropriate approvals, please complete the form below to report your concerns so that our Officers can assess the situation and act accordingly.


An LPRCA Regulations Officer will review the information you provide and respond accordingly if the concern is within the LPRCA’s jurisdiction. Generally, a Regulations Officer will not contact you directly unless additional information is required for an investigation. We cannot provide updates on the status of investigations, as ongoing investigations fall under privacy legislation.

This Environmental Compliance Investigation Request is NOT for the following concerns:

    • Concerns with proposed developments. Concerns about proposed subdivisions or developments should be directed to your municipality.
    • Trees being cut down. Municipal by-laws apply to tree cutting and related questions or concerns should be directed to your municipality.
    • Noise complaints, garbage dumping, property standards or septic concerns. These questions and concerns should be directed to your municipality.
    • Contaminant spills. If you believe a spill is contaminating the environment, call the 24-7 provincial spills hotline, 1-866-MOE-TIPS (663-8477).
    • Disruption or destruction of fish habitat. Concerns with fish habitat can be directed to Fisheries and Oceans Canada through their 24-7 hotline, 1-877-847-7667.
    • Distressed wildlife. If there are animals in distress, contact your local animal control office or use the provincial animal welfare hotline, 1-833-9-ANIMAL (264625).
    • Neighbour’s actions impacting drainage on your property.  Respectfully raise the concern with the neighbour in question. This is a civil matter and we have no jurisdiction.
I understand and would like to submit an investigation request

Please note: the form may not function correctly in Safari. If you encounter issues, please try using Firefox or Chrome.

    Environmental Compliance Investigation Request Form

    Contact Information

    Your name is kept confidential and you will only be contacted if more information is required. Anonymous requests are not investigated.

    Property location

    Where the work of concern is taking place.

    Description of Concern